Header Heights

Home Forums Version 2.0 Header Heights

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    Russell Thames
    Participant

I am trying to add a 12′-0″ wide door in a gable wall that is 8′-0″ tall with a 2′-0″ tall transom above. So overall header height is about 10′-0″. The door is 1′-6″ from the corner where the spring line height is 10′-4 1/2″ from the floor. The issue I keep having is that I get an error message saying that the max header height can only be, say, 9′-4″. I’ve tried different header widths but nothing seems to work. There is also a 4′-0″ x 4′-0″ above that centered on the gable wall that’s giving me the same header height issues. Can you please help?

John Brock
    Keymaster

Hi Russell-

Gable openings are a known issue – currently the top of the opening has to be below the wall height on each end. Trying to resolve this and include in future release.

My current workaround has been to edit the gable wall and model the openings “manually” – you can use the standalone lumber tool to create the headers, etc. – you can copy and edit the adjacent studs and edit to fit. Not ideal, but works until we can get it automated.

Russell Thames
    Participant

John,

Thanks for letting me know. I’ll model the gable ends that way. Just wanted to make sure it wasn’t a user error on my end or some other thing that I was missing. Loving the framer plugin.

Thanks again.

Russell Thames
    Participant

John,

I was also wondering if it there was an option for setting the main header width to 0 so that either or both of the header plates could be turned on?

Russell

Russell Thames
    Participant

John,

I’ve tried to manually frame in the openings in the gable wall and have done so by adding/ altering the framing first. Then when I turn on the right & left sheathing layer to cut out the opening it reverts all framing back to the original wall layout. Should I be cutting my openings in sheathing first?

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.