Using layers without Takeoff length tool.

Home Forums 3. Layers Using layers without Takeoff length tool.

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author
    Rafael Ortiz
    Participant

I know this question may be obsolete, but I’m exploring the free trial and would like to know how to use the program before investing in it.

My Question is: how do I use the layers tab to manually takeoff lengths. I’ve followed all the steps in the tutorial videos for “Takeoff length” however I obviously had to manually trace my model with an isolated group of lines and put them in their own layer. Then when I use that layer and group of lines in Estimator, Estimator doesn’t calculate a linear footage for the traced lines.

Can this be done? Is there a video on doing it? What have I missed? Thank you!
    -Rudy

John Brock
    Keymaster

Hi Rudy-

The way Takeoff_Length works is you create collections of various length types. For example, a roof – you may use Takeoff_Length and pick or draw the roof ridges – you will notice the length accumulating in the UI as you select new edges. Takeoff_Length will add this new layer if it does not already exist. In Estimator Layers Tab, select the Layer “Takeoff_Length_????” and assign costs using the attribute of Feet or whatever you need -remember the group containing the edges must be selected. Estimator reports whatever is in the current selection in SketchUp. I hope this helps. Please feel free to email me directly with any questions at john@estimatorforsketchup.com

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.