Framing Tool

Home Forums 1. General Questions Framing Tool

Tagged: 

Viewing 9 posts - 16 through 24 (of 24 total)
  • Author
    John Brock
    Keymaster

Yes, just edit the group and use Push/Pull. The length adjusts in Estimator real-time.

Jake Zaiss
    Participant

Great extension!
    Is there a Floor Framing extension coming?

John Brock
    Keymaster

Thanks Jake!

I have a simple floor tool but did not think it was worthy on this release. I use a lot of floor trusses and get those models from my vendors, but most floor systems get too complicated for a parametric tool, so I end up building floors from scratch, then use the slab tool to create the subfloor. I want to add insulation, siding, etc. next.

Terry Gillan
    Participant

when there are two windows or more in one wall, it doesn’t allow me to edit the windows, is there a trick

Terry Gillan
    Participant

Window tool, the head is positioned just above the top sill, can you adjust this so the head sits under the top plates. It would help to be more accurate if you have high walls, for example, 3600mm and a window joinery height of 2100mm. Technically the head would be under the plates.

John Brock
    Keymaster

Hi Terry-

For editing window and door openings, you right-click on the wall and click on edit framer window (or door), IF there is only one window or door opening, the dialog box will pop up for that window or door. IF there is multiple windows or doors, the FIRST one will be highlighted in BLUE. If that is the one you want, hit ENTER, otherwise hit TAB to advance to the next one until you get to the one you want to edit and hit ENTER.

As far as the headers to the underside of the top plate – that is on my list for very next feature/option. I used to HAVE to frame openings that way in my locality, but they dropped that a few years ago. Consider it on the list 🙂

Thanks for all of your feedback!

Terry Gillan
    Participant

jOHN,

HOW DO YOU ADJUST WINDOWS WHEN YOU HAVE MULTIPLE WINDOWS IN A WALL, THE WINDOW TOOL EDIT DOSENT ALLOW ME TO CHOOSE A WINDOW

Terry Gillan
    Participant

Is there a shortcut to adding the internal and external linning, i.e, if you frame a house just with the studs, no linings, can you turn them all on and off together

John Brock
    Keymaster

Terry-

If you model a wall with just studs and wish to add left and/or right wallboard, you can edit the wall (has to be individually at this point) and add left and/or right thickness and type and one or both will be added.

Viewing 9 posts - 16 through 24 (of 24 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.