Attribute does not update

Home Forums 3. Layers Attribute does not update

Tagged: 

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    Gabriel Solomon
    Participant

Hello,

I can’t calculate take-off using the layers tab in Estimator. I have separated my model by layers (tags in 2020.) When I select the model items for estimation, some of the layers will allow me to change the attribute to ‘feet.’ I can then enter price information for those items. However, for other layers, no matter how many times I change the attribute to ‘feet’, when I come back to that layer after going on to a different one, the attribute has reset to cubic yards.

How can I fix this? Thank you, Gabriel

John Brock
    Keymaster

Hi Gabriel,
    Could you please send the SketchUp file in question? I will look into to solve your issue. Please email me directly to john@estimatorforsketchup.com You can add any additional info, like which layers are not reporting properly/saving attributes.

Is the information coming from your Items Database? or being directly entered in the UI. You can answer that in your email.

Thanks!
    John Brock

GCarlinWasRight
    Participant

I’m having the same issue. Was this resolved?

GCarlinWasRight
    Participant

I was able to figure this out! So, you have to be sure to include the same item code to reference in the description line, and double check that you are linking the cost code and item list files located in <C:\Users\****\AppData\Roaming\SketchUp\SketchUp 2019\SketchUp\Plugins\Estimator\db> folder. You should keep the items database file and the code list that you use in this folder. It sounds redundant, but I just spend hours troubleshooting this simple thing. : ) I hope this helps anyone else who has this problem.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.